We want to grow and develop, which is why we constantly listen to our customers and follow the developments around us. That’s what makes this work so interesting! Fastroi Oy was founded in 2003 in cooperation with the Business Incubator of Joensuu Science Park. However, the idea for the software had already been developing within our CEO Risto’s mind for some years. Risto had been working as a family caregiver for his mother in the late 80s when he noticed how important the work that the nurses were doing and how outdated all of the reporting systems were at that time. It was really hard for them to get all the relevant information together in one place.
- The company was founded in co-operation with the Business Incubator of Joensuu Science Park.
- The first product (Fastroi Real-Time Care™) was procured and our own product development was started.
- The first mobile application for home care customers was published as an HTML 4 solution.
- The first public sector healthcare customer, the home care organisation of the City of Lahti, started using Fastroi Real-Time Care™ Symbian mobile application and the Care Management System.
- Development work with Attendo (previously MedOne) housing services started.
- Fastroi’s management system was awarded the ISO 9001 and 14001 certificate.
- An Android mobile application was developed for Fastroi Real-Time Care™ software.
- Tiera, The Association of the Finnish cities, and Fastroi Oy concluded an agreement for the delivery of an enterprise resource planning service for home care.
- Suomen Asiakastieto Oy selected Fastroi Oy as the strongest company in North Karelia. In addition to the award, Fastroi received the best possible AAA rating from Asiakastieto.
- Fastroi Oy bought the share capital of Necora Oy. This further expanded Fastroi’s services into the social sector.
- Fastroi Oy is divided into two companies. One of the companies, Softroi Oy, focuses on infrastructure, property construction and maintenance services. Softroi became the largest road maintenance system provider in Finland as soon as it started its operations. Fastroi Oy continues in the social and healthcare service sector.
- Family member communication feature called Network of Care is released for Fastroi Real-Time Care™ customers.
- Fastroi Real-Time Care™ system is connected with the Kanta (Patient Data Archive ) services.
- Fastroi took its first concrete steps in the international market by signing the first partnership agreement with British partner.
- In June 2018, Fastroi opened a new office in the UK. The office is located in Skelmersdale in Lancashire.
- Nurses’ experiences of patient information systems Survey finds Fastroi Real-Time Care™ to be the most user-friendly system in the private sector and social welfare services.
- In May 2019, Fastroi won their first public sector tender in the UK (Leeds City Council).
- Fastroi was ISO 27001:2013 certified and received the standard certificate in November 2019.
- Fastroi awarded the Entrepreneur of the Year award by Joensuu Entrepreneurs.